Many call her one of the most effective communicators, who has made an indisputable impact on society and on the history of journalism. She is Oprah Winfrey, who has influenced thousands of followers with her communication style and has been recognized as an American institution and icon.
Great communicators are known to be great leaders. In the same way, great leaders are known for having great communication be one of their best characteristics.
Let’s see why it is essential for your leadership to have effective communication skills and let’s look at some of the basic elements of it.
Gilbert Amelio, an American executive, makes this very clear, saying that “Developing excellent communication skills is essential for effective leadership. The leader must be able to share knowledge and ideas to convey a sense of urgency and enthusiasm to others. If a leader cannot get a message across clearly and motivate others to act, then ‘having’ a message won’t even matter.”
In the case of Oprah Winfrey, more than being a well-known person, many claims that no matter how many fans or critics she has, the power of her huge audience and her support will grant instant credibility. There’s even a term for the power generated by her endorsement: the “Oprah Effect,” which refers to the increase in sales you might have after being endorsed or featured by her.
I am going to share some of the elements of the program with you: THE POWER OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION.
- Simplify your communication: The simpler your message, the easier it will be for people to hear and understand you.
- Speak in simple terms.
- Understand what you are going to communicate.
- Express yourself clearly.
- Make your communication count: The result depends on your approach.
- Have a defined purpose.
- Be clear about the result you want to achieve.
- Avoid only wanting to impress others.
- Make your communication create relationships: Relate with others from common points.
- Network to influence.
- Relate to have credibility.
- Relate to be relevant.
- Make your communication brief: The most valuable treasure of those who listen to you is their time.
- Start and finish on time.
- Excess information causes confusion.
- Respect others’ time.
If you communicate effectively, you will increase your impact in every situation, increase your credibility and improve your ability to influence others at any level. Whether you’re talking to a customer, sharing information with a co-worker, or with your boss, your ability to communicate effectively can make or break your leadership and therefore your path to success.
If you and/or your group are looking to raise your level of communication and of course leadership, this program is the answer. If you want to have access, contact us.
Question: How can you raise your level of leadership?
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic. If in doubt, please read Comments Policy.